interview with sally glass

read an interview with artist, sally glass on WE SHOT JR!


a bit from the interview...

on her current work:
"...I started off just wanting to experiment with materials and building a space that I could shoot light around in and see what sort of colors and shapes would emerge, but it quickly evolved into me creating these foreign environments that took on a whole spectrum of depth and space, which wasn't intentional at first, but ended up being more and more about controlling those elements to produce a certain perceptual effect."

on the title, iris folds:
"...it's a really intricate way of folding paper so that it creates the illusion of depth and the space collapses in on itself... an infinite dimension type of thing. I thought it was perfect. Although, I guess it does sound kinda flowery and girly, which doesn't really represent what the show is about."

to read more, visit WE SHOT JR!

No comments:

Post a Comment