marilyn jolly: spring

join bows and arrows on saturday april 24th from 6 to 9 pm for the opening reception of spring by painter marilyn jolly!

www.marilynjolly.com



read marilyn's statement below...

I have been inspired by the natural world for many years in the images I have made. My work represents an effort to express visually this meditation on nature. This meditation also includes a practice of “watching” my mind in the process of making the work. Although I borrow inspiration from the natural world , I am not interested in representing it realistically. However, certain aspects of nature inform my choices of the formal elements, the forms and colors that inspire my work. I respond to repetition of patterns, color combinations, surfaces and linear elements that I see in nature combined with a sense of repetition of time and seasons.

I am increasingly interested in "honesty" of materials - that they be just what they are and yet have the power to evoke other things at the same time and the history of the creation of a thing being evident in the work. I am interested in paring down not only my materials, but having a kind of economy of image. I want to be able to find the heart of the thing and describe it in simple, yet evocative ways. I want to find myself in the give and take of building and editing an object that responds to my ritual of creative thought.


bows and arrows
1925 greenville avenue
dallas texas 75206
214 828 2697
www.bowsandarrowsdeluxe.com
www.bowsandarrowsdeluxe.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment